We're serious about prevention...
Prevention is about helping people stay healthy, happy and to live independently for as long as possible. It means reducing the chances of any problems with ill-health from arising in the first place and, when they do, supporting people to manage their physical and mental health as effectively as possible.
We have identified six key areas where we would like to focus our efforts across the Trust in order to start really making positive changes on prevention – both for our staff, our patients and the wider community we serve.
- Supporting our workforce
- Giving children the best start in life
- Supporting patients to become active in their own care
- Creating a healthy environment
- Become a smoke-free organisation
- Reducing harm from alcohol
We are committed to putting prevention at the heart of what we do at STSFT.