Our Trust has launched its first Changing Places room.
This is a fully accessible space and can be used for people with disabilities and those who support them.
Our patients can use it, as can our visitors and our own staff.
It means people can get showered, changed or use the toilet safely and with dignity.
The wet room can be found on B Floor and is next to B28.
This is on the same level as its Kayll Road entrance. The what3words address for the room is ///bigger.items.sport
A radar key is needed to unlock it. These can be borrowed from the main reception desk.
They can also be bought from the Macmillan Centre, which is on the same corridor.
- a ceiling track hoist – Visitors, staff and patients are asked to bring their own
- a height adjustable bed
- a shower with a detachable head and adjustable temperature
- a toilet with a padded back rest and rails which can be pulled down from the wall behind
- a privacy screen, which can be pulled out along the length of the bed or to shield the view of the toilet
- a sink, which can be lowered or raised to change the height
- three emergency cords which can be used to raise the alarm
- a supply of wipes, gloves, paper roll and aprons
- waste bins
- hooks on the walls
For more information about Changing Places, including a map, visit www.changing-places.org/