Across South Tyneside and Sunderland we have worked closely together for several years and created a formal strategic alliance in 2016. On 1 April 2019, we became South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust (STSFT) following the merger of City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust and South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust.
Together, our new Trust provides acute hospital and community based healthcare services to a population of around 430,000 people in South Tyneside and Sunderland. We have a dedicated team of over 8,000 staff who deliver outstanding care and work together to achieve the highest possible standards of quality for our patients.
To achieve our shared vision, we make it our mission to:
- Provide a wide range of high quality, safe and accessible healthcare services
- Recruit, retain and motivate skilled and compassionate staff, who are proud to act as ambassadors of the service they provide
- Be the employer of choice in the North East of England
- Listen, learn and innovate
- Ensure financial performance provides value for money
- Compassionate and dignified, high quality, safe patient care always the first priority
- Working together for the benefit of our patients and their families or carers
- Openness and honesty in everything we do
- Respect and encouragement for our staff
- Continuous improvement through research and innovation