We serve a population of almost half a million people and are very proud to provide a range of healthcare services.
We employ over 8,300 people who together make up #TeamSTSFT. Our staff work in lots of different locations and do lots of different things. They look after people at home, in the community and in hospital. They work in local health centres, schools and GP practices as well as our hospitals. We also run lots of specialist services. This means patients come to our hospitals from right across the region.
Some of our main locations are listed below but we also work from hundreds more community locations across South Tyneside, Sunderland and parts of Gateshead:
• South Tyneside District Hospital - click here
• Sunderland Royal Hospital - click here
• Sunderland Eye Infirmary - click here
• Durham Treatment Centre - click here
• Palmer Community Hospital (Jarrow) - click here
• Clarendon (Hebburn) - click here
• Sunderland Children’s Centre - click here
• St Benedict’s Hospice (Ryhope) - click here
• Intermediate Care and Rehabilitation unit (ICAR) (Houghton) - click here
You can listen to our colleagues highlight the fantastic patient care taking place across our organisation and what it is like to be part of #TeamSTSFT in the video below.