Our Phlebotomy Team provides a blood sample service for our patients and includes:
- Outpatient service
- South Tyneside GP Service - appointments can be booked on line here.
- Inpatient phlebotomy service covering wards and departments
- Four community clinics
The team work from the following sites:
South Tyneside District Hospital
Services on the hospital site provide support to wards daily from 8am - 12noon Monday to Friday and 8am - 11am Saturday and Sunday.
Support is provided to outpatient clinics from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday
Support is provided to patients requiring urgent blood tests requested by their South Tyneside GP - open Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm
Community Clinics for Blood Tests requested by a South Tyneside GP, are available at:
- Palmer Community Hospital, Jarrow
- Stanhope Parade Health Centre, South Shields
- Flagg Court Health Centre, South Shields
- Gibson Court Health Centre, Boldon
An appointment is required and can be booked by calling:
- Adults - 0191 541 0110 - the office is open Monday to Friday 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM
- Children (<16) - 0191 404 1048. The department is open Monday, Wednesday & Thursday 8.00 AM – 5.30 PM.
Alternatively, you can book online by following this link:
NB: These clinics are for patients with a South Tyneside GP only.