Our Cardiology Team aim to provide and deliver an excellent service to our patients as well as a caring, supportive, one stop service whenever possible.
The bespoke service provides a wide range of investigations on the heart, including diagnostic investigations such as:
- Electrocardiographs (ECG)
- 24hr ECG monitoring
- 24hr BP monitoring
- Exercise tests
- Pacemaker function tests
We also provide a range of invasive procedures such as Coronary Angiograms, CT Coronary Angiograms, Perfusion Scans and Pacemaker Implantation.
Our Cardiology Unit provides consultation rooms for Cardiology Clinics, one stop clinics, specialist clinics such as Heart Failure Clinic, Rapid Access Chest Pain Clinic, Valve clinic and arrhythmia clinics.
A range of cardiac rehabilitation services and review clinics are provided in hospital and in the community in Sunderland and South Tyneside.
- South Tyneside Hospital: 0191 404 1006
- Sunderland Royal Hospital: 0191 565 6265 ext 40101
- South Tyneside Community Cardiology: 0191 4041257
- Sunderland Community Cardiology: 0191 502 7760
Our service is provided from both South Tyneside District General Hospital and Sunderland Royal Hospital.
Ward 6, our cardiology ward at South Tyneside, is located on the second floor of the Ingham Wing, South Tyneside District Hospital, Harton Lane, South Shields, NE34 0PL
We offer community Cardiology Clinics at:
- Cleadon Park Primary Care Centre
- Palmer Community Hospital
- The Glen Primary Care Centre
- Flagg Court Primary Care Centre
- Grindon Lane Primary Care Centre
- Sunderland Aquatic Centre
- Puma Centre, Sunderland
- The Galleries, Washington
South Tyneside District Hospital
Consultant: Dr Jachuk and Dr Nasser
Matron: Sarah Sasmazer
Ward Manager: Joanne Falconer
Deputy Ward Manager: Lorraine Elrick
Sunderland Royal Hospital
Clinical Director: Dr Martyn Farrer
Directorate Manager: Hannah Stoker
Matron: Jan Barclay
Clinical Governance Lead: Dr Nick Jenkins
Clinical Lead: Dr Sam McClure
Ward Manager CCU/CPAU/B22: Andrea Bell